System Modeling, Simulation and Implementation (MSI)
1. CRISTIANO MARCOS AGULHARI (Eng. Elétrica, UTFPR)
Signal processing, wavelets, data compression, biomedical signal compression, control systems, robust control, control of LTV systems, linear matrix inequalities (LMIs).
2. FRANCISCO GRANZIERA JUNIOR (Eng. Elétrica, UEL)
Instrumentation for probing rockets and satellites; attitude determination. single- and multi-objective optimization algorithms; calibrating and merging sensor data.
3. JOSE ALEXANDRE DE FRANÇA (Eng. Elétrica, UEL) CV
Instrumentation: Precision Agriculture, Embedded Systems, Remote Data Acquisition, development of instruments based on Near Infrared Spectroscopy.
4. JOSE CARLOS MARINELLO FILHO (Eng. Elétrica, UTFPR)
Telecomunication Systems: communications and signal processing, multiuser detection and estimation, Massive MIMO systems, cooperative communication, resource allocation, 5G wireless systems: URLLC, mMTC, EMBB, Grant-based, grant-free protocols; applied machine learning to wireless networks
5. LEONIMER FLÁVIO DE MELO (Eng. Elétrica, UEL) CV
Mechatronics: industrial automation, production engineering, embedded control systems, robotics, industrial mechatronics systems, reconfigurable architecture, distance learning and traffic engineering.
6. MARIO LEMES PROENÇA JR. (DC-UEL) PQ-2-CNPq (2020; 2017-2019) CV
Computer Science, with emphasis on Teleinformatics, Network Security and Management and Information Technology and Communication Governance.
7. PEDRO HENRIQUE BULGATTI. (DC-UTFPR)
Signal Processing: deep learning, image analysis, machine learning, content-based image retrieval.
8. SYLVIO BARBON JR. (DC-UEL)
Digital Signal Processing, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning and Computer Vision.
9. TAUFIK ABRÃO (Eng. Elétrica, UEL) PQ-1D-CNPq (2020; 2016-2019)
Telecomunication Systems: communications and signal processing, especially the multi-user detection and estimation, Massive MIMO and XL-MIMO systems, cooperative communication, resource allocation, heuristic and convex optimization aspects of 5G wireless systems; URLLC, mMTC, EMBB, Grant-based, grant-free protocols; applied machine learning to wireless networks; smartgrid communication systems
Energy Processing and Conversion (PCI)
10. ALESSANDRO DO NASCIMENTO VARGAS PQ-2-CNPq (2020; 2017-2019) (EE, UTFPR) |
Control of Electronic Processes and feedback: stability and control of stochastic systems, Markovian decision processes, optimum and robust control, dynamical systems
11. ALESSANDRO GOEDTEL DT-1D-CNPq (2017-2020) (Eng. Elétrica, UTFPR) |
Electric and Industrial Processes. Electronic Automation: artificial neural networks, intelligent systems, induction motors, drive of electric machines and industrial loads.
12. LEONARDO POLTRONIERI SAMPAIO (Eng. Elétrica, UTFPR)
Alternative and renewable energies: photovoltaic applications, electric power quality, analysis and modeling of static power converters, programming of digital controllers of signals (DSC).
13. LUIS ALFONSO GALLEGO PAREJA (Eng. Elétrica, UEL)
Generation, transmission and distribution of electric energy (GTD): optimization of electrical systems, power flow, probabilistic load flow, optimal power flow, interior points method, Neural Networks, Electrical System Protection, Metaheuristics.
14. SÉRGIO AUGUSTO OLIVEIRA DA SILVA PQ-2-CNPq (2019) (EE, UTFPR)
Power Electronics: Active Power Filters, Uninterruptible Power Systems, Electrical Power Quality and Renewable Energies (Photovoltaic Systems)
1. FÁBIO RENAN DURAND. 2016-2019 (In Memorian, UTFPR) PQ-2-CNPq (2019; 2016-2018)
Optical communications: optimization and resources allocation in optical networks, wireless networks, smart grids and distributed generation systems using renewable energy.