1. Biotechnology Applied to animal breeding
– Evaluation and development of biotechniques applied to animal reproduction, with emphasis on fixed-time artificial insemination, transvaginal follicular aspiration, embryo technology and manipulation of oocytes included in preantral follicles
2. Animal Breeding
– Evaluate animal production in different breeding systems by studying the different processes involved in animal production.
3. Nutrition and animal feeding
– Evaluation of the nutritional requirement of species of zootechnical interest. Evaluation of the main foods and by-products used in animal feed.
1. Antigenic and molecular characterization of pathogens of animal
– Analysis of proteins and nucleic acids of microorganisms and parasites of interest to animal health, with the aim of characterizing antigens of importance in the protection against infections, for use in the diagnosis and vaccination and analysis of genomic variations.
2. Quality control in the food production chain and veterinary public health
– Microbiological, toxicological and physiochemical assessment of products of animal origin and feeds used in animal feed. Evaluation of critical points in the production process and in the final product. Epidemiological survey of infections.
3. Diagnosis, epidemiology and control of diseases of importance to Animal Health
– Studies related to etiological and / or serological diagnosis, surveys of frequency, incidence, prevalence and adoption of measures for the control and prophylaxis of infectious and parasitic diseases of importance to Animal and Public Health.
4. Veterinary Clinics and Surgery
– Study of the diseases of cattle, horses, sheep, goats, pigs, dogs, cats, and exotic pets. Study of general aspects related to etiology, pathogenesis, epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, prevention and control of diseases. Development and / or improvement of clinical treatment and surgical, anesthetic and diagnostic imaging techniques.